The use of a "privacy disclosure box" the reveals how private data is shared, stored, and accessed in an easy to summarize box.
Similar to the Schumer box for credit card product summary, the "privacy disclosure box" can make it easier for consumers to:
- Find out if the private information will be shared with third parties
- How the information will be stored. Are third parties involved.
- How often the information is transferred accross networks.
- How breaches of security will be handled.
- What revenue the company generates from selling the private information.
Current legislation is at